Archer is part of the foundation of Desta Rhodesian Ridgebacks and the new beginning for Tampo Ridgebacks. He is the pick conformation prospect from our Sonny X Kinley - A Litter breeding along with being a performance prospect. Archer went to live with Barbara Harden of Tampo Ridgebacks in Tennessee. At just 10 months old Archer was halfway to his AKC Championship with both majors, both from RRCUS Supported shows! Archer went on to finish the day after he turned 14 months old with 3 majors, 100% owner handled. Not to let us down during his exciting debut year, Archer won Select Dog at the 2016 RRCUS National Specialty at the tender age of 17 months old - the youngest Ridgeback in the history of the breed to win this honor! Archer shone out from the very beginning, he was the first in the litter to stand and always displayed great intelligence and is highly sociable; he loves to learn and is showing aptitude to be highly versatile just like his Dual Championed dam Kinley! He has already done very well every time he's competed in the show ring with his owner handling him. We're very excited about what the future will bring with this exciting young boy with lots of potential.
Archer won his first major at his second show, a RRCUS Supported show in Winston-Salem, NC at just 7 months old. He also earned placements every day in Puppy Sweepstakes. He completed his AKC Champion the day after he turned 14 months old, 100% owner-handled by his owner. Archer has continued his young success, he is the 2016 Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of the United States National Specialty Select Dog winner; defeating over 200 dogs for this prestigious win at just 17 months of age, the youngest Rhodesian Ridgeback to ever win this award. Archer won his first Hound Group placement 1 week after the National Specialty. Archer is a nice dog exhibiting lovely substance without looking bulky paired with balance and elegance. Archer has really lovely front and rear angles, neither of which are over-angulated that you are seeing in many dogs today. His gait is true and effortless. His temperament is incomparable, just like that of his dam, Kinley.
ARCHER'S BREEDING SUMMARY
Archer x Stevie - 9 Puppies born on 11/29/2017; 5 males, 4 females; 5 black noses, 4 liver noses, 100% ridged 8 of 9 show ridged. No dermoids, no excessive white, no off-bites, nice rich colored coats, 1 small tail kink.
Archer is available at stud to approved bitches. Live (side-by-side only), fresh chilled and frozen available.
ARCHER'S NOTABLE ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Greater Hickory Kennel Club, Winston-Salem, NC. Best Opposite in Puppy Sweepstakes - RRCUS Supported Entry
• Forsyth Kennel Club, Winston-Salem, NC. Best in Puppy Sweepstakes! under breeder judge Ann O'Mara. Winners Dog - 3 point major! under judge Dr. James W. Edwards - RRCUS Supported Entry
• Forsyth Kennel Club, Winston-Salem, NC. Best in Puppy Sweepstakes - RRCUS Supported Entry
• Tullahoma Kennel Club of Tennessee, Franklin, TN - Best Opposite in Puppy Sweepstakes - RRCUS Supported Entry
• Nashville Kennel Club, Franklin, TN - Winners Dog & Best of Winners for a 4 point major under recent RRCUS Specialty judge Pat Trotter! - RRCUS Supported Entry
• Jackson Tennessee Dog Fanciers Association - Winners Dog for 2 more points under judge Jacqueline Stacy.
• Jackson Tennessee Dog Fanciers Association - Best of Winners for another 3 point major, judge Terry Stacy!
• Missouri Rhineland Kennel Club - Winners Dog for another championship point under judge Jason Hoke.
• Sandusky Kennel Club - Best of Winners for Archer's final 2 championship points under judge Mr. Alberto Berrios!! NEW AKC CHAMPION!!! Archer also won an Owner-Handler Group 3 to top off this exciting day.
• Piedmont Kennel Club - RRCUS Supported Show - Select Dog for a 4-point Grand Championship major and back-to-back Best of Breed Owner Handled awards.
• Greater Murfreesboro Kennel Club - Select Dog for a 4-point Grand Championship major!
• Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of the United States National Specialty, Huron, OH - SELECT DOG, a win defeating over 200 dogs! What an amazing win, the youngest Rhodesian Ridgeback in the history of the breed to win this award!
• Clarksville Kennel Club - Select Dog / Owner-Handled Hound Group 3 under judges Dr. Robert D. Smith and Mrs. Sue Goldberg. Best of Breed, Owner-Handled Group 4 under judge Mr. David Bolus, and a HOUND GROUP 4 under judge Mrs. Anne Savory Bolus!
• Western Reserve Kennel Club, Inc. - Best of Breed for a 5-point Grand Championship major under judge Charles Trotter! Select Dog for a 4-point major and new Grand Champion, plus an Owner-Handled Group 2! Best Opposite Sex from judge Doug Johnson the last day to round out a successful weekend.
• Tullahoma Kennel club of Tennessee - Owner-Handled Group 2!
• Jackson Tennessee Dog Fanciers Association - Owner-Handled Group 2!
• Jackson Tennesses Dog Fanciers Association - Owner-Handled Group Winner under judge Mr. Jeffrey Kestner!
• Missouri Rhineland Kennel Club - Owner-Handled Group 2!
2017 AKC #9 National Owner-Handled Ridgeback
Sire: GCH Lionlamb's Prodigal Son ("Sonny")
Dam: DC Jesmyster's La Joie Belle at Desta, RN SC CA CGCA ("Kinley")
Weight: 92 lbs
DOB: April 30, 2015
Color: Red Wheaten, Black Nose, White Markings. Carries b-locus B/b liver gene.
Archer's Health Tests are published on the OFA website and can be found by clicking the - FIND OUT MORE - button below.
CHIC # 123262
OFA Hips - GOOD / RR-12258G24M-VPI
OFA Elbows - NORMAL / RR-EL6506M24-VPI
OFA Thyroid - NORMAL / RR-TH3618/27M-VPI
OFA Cardiac - NORMAL / RR-ACA17/17M-VPI
OFA Eye Exam - NORMAL / RR-EYE779/17M-VPI
Degenerative Myelopathy - NORMAL/CLEAR by Parentage
EOAD (Early Onset Adult Deafness, Discovery Testing) - HIGH CONFIDENCE CLEAR by Parentage
ARCHER, 2016 RRCUS NATIONAL SPECIALTY SELECT DOG WINNER
Desta Rhodesian Ridgebacks
Copyright © 2019 Desta Rhodesian Ridgebacks - All Rights Reserved