Atlas was a show quality boy from our Sonny X Kinley - A Litter Breeding who completed his championship at just 15 months old earning 3 majors, including a Best of Breed win over ranked specials in 5 weekends of showing. He was shown exclusively breeder owner-handled with all of his Championship points awarded from the Bred-by Exhibitor class. He resided with his owners Debra and Ron Brescia in Cornelius, NC. Atlas was the cuddle puppy from his litter and blossomed into quite a beautiful full-bodied boy who loved everyone he meets.
Atlas reminded me so much of his maternal grand-sire Beau and his dam Kinley! Atlas is a full-bodied and balanced male with strong head; his beautiful rich and golden color comes from the Dutch heritage on Kinley's side of his pedigree.
Unfortunately, Atlas passed away in January 2017, our hearts are broken.
ATLAS' BREEDING SUMMARY
Atlas passed away on January 9, 2017. No frozen semen available.
ATLAS' NOTABLE ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Griffin Georgia Kennel Club; Reserve Winners Dog to a 3-point major.
• Mid-Atlantic Hound Association Of Central North Carolina; Best Opposite in Puppy Sweepstakes. Winners Dog for his first 2 AKC Championship points!
• Salisbury North Carolina Kennel Club; Back-to-back Winners Dog wins for 4 more additional AKC Championship points!
• Greenville Kennel Club; Winners Dog and Best of Winners for a 3-point major under judge Dr. Eric Liebes!
• Carolina Kennel Club, Inc.; Best of Breed from the Bred-by Class over specials, including a top 25 ranked special for another 3-point major under judge Mrs. Linda C. Krukar!
• Conyers Kennel Club Of Georgia; Winners Dog for his third 3-point major under judge Mrs. June A. Penta - NEW AKC CHAMPION at just 15 months old and all points earned from breeder-owner handled in the Bred-by Exhibitor class!
• RRCUS National Specialty, Huron, OH - 4th Place in 15-18 month dog Sweepstakes! The largest sweepstakes class at the National! Atlas also made the Dog cuts in Best of Breed!
Sire: GCH Lionlamb's Prodigal Son, "Sonny"
Dam: DC Jesmyster's La Joie Belle At Desta, RN SC CA CGCA, "Kinley"
Date of Birth: April 30, 2015 - January 7, 2017
Weight: 90 lbs
Color: Red Wheaten, Black Nose, White Markings
Atlas' Health Tests are published on the OFA website and can be found by clicking the - FIND OUT MORE - button below.
OFA Cardiac - NORMAL / RR-CA2542/16M/C-VPI
OFA BAER Hearing Test - NORMAL / RR-BR307/16M-VPI
OFA Patellas - NORMAL / RR-PA184/16M/P-VPI
OFA Eye Exam - NORMAL / RR-EYE768/16M-VPI
Degenerative Myelopathy - NORMAL/CLEAR by Parentage
EOAD (Early Onset Adult Deafness, Discovery Testing) - HIGH CONFIDENCE CLEAR by Parentage
Atlas passed away on January 9, 2017 before he was 2 years old for OFA Hip / Elbow testing.
Desta Rhodesian Ridgebacks
Copyright © 2019 Desta Rhodesian Ridgebacks - All Rights Reserved