Axle was born in the Desta Rhodesian Ridgeback A Litter (Sonny x Kinley) with Axle being graded as a show quality male along with being a performance prospect. He resides with his owner Ashleigh Barron in Statesville, NC. Axle earned the name "Underfoot" as a baby at Desta because he always wanted to be in the middle of the action and he's very drawn to people he's bonded with. Axle finished his AKC Championship in April 2017 with back-to-back majors, exclusively Breeder-Owner handled in the Bred-By Exhibitor class.
Axle has grown into a nice dog exhibiting lovely balance with substance and elegance. Axle has very nice layback and return of upper arms paired with pleasing rear angles; neither of which are over-angulated that you are seeing in many dogs today. His gait is true and effortless, it is such a joy to watch this dog float around the ring, hike in the woods or play in the backyard.
Axle is showing aptitude to be highly versatile just like his Dual Championed dam Kinley! He has already done very well every time he's competed in the show ring with either his breeder or his owner handling him.
Best of all is Axle's undeniable character and temperament. He is a confident yet affable dog that embodies all what a Ridgeback should be; playful, eager to work and learn, easy going and affectionate with his family and those he loves.
We're very excited to see what the future can bring with Axle both in and out of the show ring.
AXLE'S BREEDING SUMMARY
Axle has not been bred. He is available at stud to approved bitches,
Inquiries for Axle should be directed to Desta Rhodesian Ridgebacks.
AXLE'S NOTABLE ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Moore County Kennel Club - Pinehurst, NC; Best Puppy in Breed, Puppy Hound Group 1!
• Conyers Kennel Club Of Georgia and Lawrenceville Kennel Club, Inc. - Atlanta, GA; Reserve Winners Dog to 4-point majors.
• Durham Kennel Club - Raleigh, NC; BEST OF BREED over the #2 Rhodesian Ridgeback in the Nation for his first 2 points under judge, Richard Meen!!!
• Raleigh Kennel Club - Raleigh, NC; Winners Dog under respected judge, Linda Clark.
• Fayetteville Kennel Club - Raleigh, NC; Winners Dog / Best of Winners under judge, Mr. Michael Faulkner.
• Greater Monroe Kennel Club - Concord, NC; Axle's second BEST OF BREED win under judge, Patti Widick Neale on his way to his Championship!
• Virginia Kennel Club - Richmond, VA; Winners Dog / Best of Winners for 2 more points under judge, Mrs. Debbie Campbell-Freeman.
• Ann Arbor Kennel Club - Monroe, MI; RRCUS Supported Entry, Axle Reserve Winners Dog to a 5-point major under judge, Mr. Daniel Dowling.
• RRCUS National Specialty, Huron, OH - Axle made it to the final cut of 6 dogs in the Bred-by Exhibitor class!
• The Valdosta Kennel Club, Perry, GA - Winners Dog and Best of Winners for a 5-point major under judge, Dr. Steve Keating.
• Atlanta Kennel Club, Perry, GA - Winners Dog, back-to-back majors and a NEW CHAMPION, Breeder-Owner handled exclusively from the Bred-By Exhibitor Class!
Sire: GCH Lionlamb's Prodigal Son - "Sonny"
Dam: DC Jesmyster's La Joie Belle At Desta, RN SC CA CGCA - "Kinley"
DOB: April 30, 2015
Weight: 95 lbs
Color: Red Wheaten, Black Nose, White Markings
CHIC # 135930
OFA Hips - EXCELLENT - RR-12281E24M-VPI
OFA Elbows - NORMAL - RR-EL6528M24-VPI
OFA Thyroid - NORMAL - RR-TH3593/24M-VPI
OFA Cardiac - NORMAL - RR-CA2865/16M/C-VPI
OFA BAER Hearing Test - RR-BR320/16M-VPI
OFA Patellas - RR-PA237/16M/P-VPI
OFA Eye Exam - RR-EYE1183/16M-VPI
Degenerative Myelopathy - NORMAL/CLEAR by Parentage
EOAD (Early Onset Adult Deafness, Discovery Testing) - HIGH CONFIDENCE CLEAR by Parentage
Axle moving in Monroe, MI
Desta Rhodesian Ridgebacks
Copyright © 2019 Desta Rhodesian Ridgebacks - All Rights Reserved